Booking now closed
In 2017 we are working in conjunction with our partners CCPAS to bring you affordable training in safeguarding. Although these events are open to all the price is heavily subsidised for Rural Ministries Partners.
Please see below for details and how to book.
Rural Ministries safeguarding training programme 2017
"Facing the Unthinkable"
Working with our Partner CCPAS we are bringing you the opportunity to come to a half day training session specially designed for churches and other organisations working with children, young people and adults.
The aim is to assist places of worship and other faith and non-faith based organisations to develop a broad but sound understanding of the safeguarding task. The training is designed to equip attendees with the necessary tools to create robust safeguarding arrangements based on the CCPAS Staying Safe and Secure 10 Standards. The course will benefit trustees, leaders and those who work or volunteer directly with children such as crèche workers, children and youth workers and in addition, those working in adult ministries for example debt advice centres, counsellors, prayer ministries, street pastors etc
Module 1 – Understanding the Safeguarding Task
• Who are the perpetrators of abuse?
• Developments in Safeguarding and emerging issues.
• Developing a balanced approach to safeguarding.
• Understanding your unique role and responsibilities.
• Statutory definitions of abuse.
Module 2 – Signs, Symptoms and the Effects of Abuse
• Who is an adult at risk of harm?
• Signs and symptoms of abuse in adults.
• Signs and symptoms of abuse in children.
• Grooming and the power of secrets.
• Exploring additional factors (race and culture, long term effects, forgiveness)
Break – Light refreshments and an opportunity to browse CCPAS resources
Module 3 – Taking Action
• Understanding your church/organisation and their responsibilities.
• The role of the safeguarding coordinator
• Responding to concern or suspicions of abuse
• Responding to a disclosure of abuse
• Understanding the role and responsibilities of the statutory authorities
Module 4 – Safer Practices
• Policies and procedures
• Codes of conduct
• Managing those who pose a risk
• Safer recruitment
• Support for workers
These events are available at a discounted price to individuals from Rural Ministries Partners. Places for non-Rural Ministries churches must be booked through the CCPAS website.
Dates and locations
SOUTH: 18th March
Chipping Norton Baptist Church, Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire
NORTH: 22nd April
Garstang Free Methodist Church, Garstang, Lancashire
Events run from 9:15am to 1:30pm
Safeguarding training rates and bookings
The cost for attending one of our 2017 Safeguarding sessions is just £5 for anyone from a Rural Ministries Church or Mission Partner. All partner bookings must be made through Eventbrite booking system. Just click on the appropriate button below.
If you would like to attend and you are not from a Rural Ministries partner then bookings can be made through the CCPAS website.
Booking now closed
Please contact us if you have any queries.